Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back To School Fashion Trends Series - OUTERWEAR

Hey y'all! This is the fourth post for my "Back To School Fashion Trends Series"! This time, I will be discussing which types of outerwear are hot for this upcoming fall! In my opinion, some of these pieces are crucial for any fall weather―even in Southern California! 

* Keep in mind that this post is mainly targeted towards girls who attend public schools with no obligations to wear uniforms or to follow harsh dress codes! If your school strictly enforces a certain dress code, I highly advise you to dress accordingly! Also, everyone has different unique styles and preferences. These are just some of my suggestions according to what I saw in magazines and other sources of fashion related media. Thank you! *

These pictures were personally created by me with the help of Polyvore! (;


1) Cardigans (Light & Chunky) - Cardigans can come in many different cuts, sleeve lengths, colors, and textures! And of course, the more... the better! It is nice to have at least one basic cardigan that you can layer over anything―t shirts, blouses, tank tops. I recommend snagging up two (one light cardigan for warmer weathers and one chunky one for cooler weathers).

Untitled #15 

2) Anoraks - Inspired by the army trend, anoraks are great to layer up on those really chilly days. They look super chic and casual with any outfit... even with a dress! The dark, mutated army green shows off your "masculine" side while still looking cute. Depending on where you live, you can buy anoraks that have attached fur collars or fur-lined hoods! 

Untitled #16 

3) Denim Jacket - A must have for back to school because these lovely babies will never go out of trend! Also, they look good with ANY outfit. Light washed, medium washed, dark washed, and even acid washed... regardless of any wash, they're super hot! If you want, feel free to roll the sleeves up for more of a casual look (;

Untitled #17 

4) Leather Jacket - As I mentioned in my previous BTSFTS, the leather trend is one of my favorite trends for fall 2012! They make your outfit a whole lot edgier and definitely can spice up any plain ol' outfit! Also, of course, they keep you super warm because of the thick material! Pair these with your favorite plain white t-shirt, skinny jeans, and boots... and you're ready to head out the door!

Untitled #18 

5) Cropped Tweed Jackets - If your style is more on the "vintage" side, then this trend is perfect for you! I personally haven't found a good tweed jacket that looks good on me and is still under $40 but nonetheless, I'm still on the lookout! Yes, they do look a little formal and maybe a little too "grandma-ish" but they can easily be transformed into a great layering piece by pairing it with loose t-shirts and cropped jeans! Also, the cropped cut on the base of the jacket definitely makes the outfit more fun and edgy!

Untitled #19
 

23 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Am following you... hope you follow back! :))

    These are great picks - I especially love the denim jacket with leather sleeves. Am now seriously considering getting one now...!!!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post,great blog!<3I'm following you now,hope you follow back!
    http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. waouh i love all your selection :) thanks for coming to my blog i follow you now hope you ll do the same :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of clothes. looks really good. Let's keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the back to school outfit suggestions! You'll def look extra fashionable in them fo sho! :)

    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lovely, I'm totally folowing you:)
    Thanks for visiting and a sweet comment..
    xox,Pat♥
    holdmelikeapillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Denim and leather jackets are my favourites :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ONCE AGAIN I loooooooove all of these things!
    you can always find something so inspiring, really! :)
    check out my new post on http://madeleine-atelier.blogspot.com/ <3
    HUGSSS

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right! And there's something for everyone's taste :-). I love the cropped tweed jackets!

    XOXO, Sam
    http://sammthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cardigans for school!

    Xo
    Elsa
    your newest follower
    Mix and Match the F word

    ReplyDelete
  11. these combinations are amazing! i´d love for you to head over to my blog and participate at my current giveaway!

    http://www.ketchembunnies.com/2012/08/givaway-hudiefly-shirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd love those denim jackets! another great post :) following you back now xo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice picks!!~~

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG
    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love wearing cardigans
    I just started following you

    ReplyDelete
  15. great seletions! I really like all of those items

    -Doris

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, great selection :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those oversized cardigan and parka jacket! I'm kind of hunting for the perfect, light one xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post.
    I love your blog! Please check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other. I'm following you now!
    xo
    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice photos! These are my favorite items!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my favourite things about Autumn is having an excuse to buy a gorgeous new coat ;) Great post, I'm particularly loving the army, denim and leather jackets!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    Helen at Never Quite Elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool pictures. Love the leather jackets.

    ReplyDelete