Friday, August 24, 2012

Back To School Fashion Trends Series - Clothes (TOPS)

I am back with another post for my Back To School Fashion Trends Series! This time, I will be informing you about some of the hottest trends for back to school shirts & tops that you can rock without looking like you overdressed or looking like you just woke up from bed! (haha).

* Keep in mind that this post is mainly targeted towards girls who attend public school with no obligations to wear uniforms or to follow harsh dress codes! If your school strictly enforces a certain dress code, I highly advise you to dress accordingly! Also, everyone has different unique styles and preferences. These are just some of my suggestions according to what I saw in magazines and other sources of fashion related media. Thank you! *

These pictures were personally created by me with the help of Polyvore! (;

1) Chambray Button Downs - Denim/Chambray is making a huge comeback this fall as it is seen on the fall runways and on the best fashionistas on the streets! They are perfect on-the-go shirts and can easily be dressed up or down. These shirts look great paired with black denim, white denim, neon denim, pastel denim, patterned denim... you get the idea lol. They also look fantastic with skirts and high-waisted shorts for the autumn days where it's still blazing hot (perfect example: Southern California lol).

Untitled #7

2) Plaid Button Downs - This is a must have piece for going back to school. I personally ADORE plaid button downs because they come in many different cuts and colors. Wearing plaid button down shirts are also great ways to channel in your "masculine" side and still look playful and casual.

Untitled #9

3) Floral Printed Tops - Wanna look girly and feminine while still looking chic and put together? Then floral tops are must haves for your back to school wardrobe! Floral tops look excellent with dark washed denim, white shorts, and even with high-low skirts! It adds a lot of color to your outfit without looking like you tried "too hard". Plus, they're usually made of light cotton or chiffon material so it would keep you fresh while still looking cool.

Untitled #8

12 comments:

  1. Perfect choices! But i would add leather and khaki also to my wardrobe ;)

    P.S. FOLLOWED;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! :)
    I really like yours, too! I'm following you via Google+, I would be happy, if you follow me via Google Friend Connect. :)

    BTW, I'm in love with denim blouses!!!! :D

    xx,
    Agi

    http://addict-schmiza.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the comment in my blog. I checked your blog and I love it. Where is your GFC? I would be happy, if you follow me via GVC

    pasterka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Did you get a chance to enter the GIVEAWAY?? Lately I've been really liking chambray shirts haha I wish I was going back to school, I just graduated but I really, really miss college!! And I'm following you now on GFC and here!

    -Sarah
    http://www.theweekenddiary.com
    **Check out my GIVEAWAY for Benefit Cosmetics lips & cheek kit of your choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and wanted to know if you wanted to follow each other.
    Iva

    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great choice in back to school tops! i especially like the denim ones :) if you enjoy my blog too, would you like to follow each other? xo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish I could have all of these in my closet!
    thank you for your comment and come again, if you want! :)
    I really enjoy reading your blog, following you then !
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. thnx dear..following you back.. keep in touch
    xo sabbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ! I follow via GFC hope you can follow back !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love the 3rd pants are awesome!
    Please follow me i will follow you right now

    ReplyDelete